Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dream

Considering that we are all, in one way or another, creatures of habit, I guess it is not surprising that even in early retirement, I have a certain routine each day, particularly in the morning.

Without an alarm clock, I usually awake at 8:00 AM, give or take five or ten minutes. And like I have for many, many years, I still listen to the radio in the morning. My station of choice, like it largely has been for more than a decade, is KCBS, 740, San Francisco. I feel like I get a pretty good overview of what has happened in the world overnight, and it doesn't take a lot of effort on my behalf ... just turn on the lap-top, go to KCBS.com, and there it is.

Anyway, this morning during their weather report, Stan Bunger (the morning KCBS anchor) mentioned how cold it was there in Northern California ... 30 degrees in Santa Rosa, 32 in Napa.

At that same moment, the sun here was just rising over the mountain range to the east, casting the first light of the day on Puerto Vallarta. And the first of two cruise ships due to arrive today was crawling across the calm waters of the bay.

I grabbed the camera, got a couple of shots, so I could share the images of this morning. So, for just a moment, stop what you're doing, soak in the pictures, close your eyes and dream ... because probably sometime this year, though maybe not right now, you will be in your own bit of paradise ... where when you wake up at 8:00 AM, it will be sunny and 74 degrees. Enjoy life.




1 comment:

claudia said...

Dan,
Thanks for sharing this beauty.
Good for you!!! Keep enjoying life and your passion of writting and photography.

Saludos
Claudia